Help set the Course
Alberta has always been a leader in the policy and constitution process of the Conservative Party of Canada.
While COVID-19 has thrown a wrench into our traditional activities, including our in-person Alberta Congress, we will lead once again with the new virtual format for the party's convention scheduled from March 18-21, 2021.
Please bookmark this page and check back often as new materials and information is posted for EDA's participating in the policy and constitution process.
If you have questions about the process, feel free to reach out to Alberta's Representatives on the National Policy and Constitution committees.
- Debra Janzen (Foothills) - [email protected]otmail.com
- Casey DesChamp (Edmonton) - [email protected]
Policy & Constitution Corner
- Jan. 22, 2020 -- Mark your calendars. February 6 we hold a scaled down virtual Alberta Congress. Two representatives from each riding will be invited to attend from 10am to 1pm to coordinate Alberta policies. EDA presidents should watch their email for the invite and further instructions. Contact Steven McLeod ([email protected]) for more details.
- Dec. 22, 2020 -- Added link to convention website and new Ideas Lab documents below.
- Dec. 9, 2020 -- Delegate Selection rules added below.
- Dec. 7, 2020 -- Ideas Lab guide for EDA's added below.
- Dec. 6, 2020 -- Alberta Policy Tool Kit added below.
- Dec. 4, 2020 -- While an in-person Alberta Congress meeting will not be possible due to gathering restrictions, a virtual meeting to discuss Alberta's interests is being considered for the new year tentatively planned for sometime in the week of February 8.
- Alberta Policy Toolkit (added Dec. 6)
- Rules and Procedures
- EDA Toolkit (timelines and procedures)
- 7-point Policy Process Outline
- Memo on Ideas Lab Opening (Nov. 26)
- Ideas Lab
- Drafting Good Policy Presentations
- National Convention Registration and Information (registration opens Jan. 4)
- Delegate Selection Rules for National Convention (added Dec. 9)
- Constitution of the Conservative Party of Canada
- Policy Declaration (approved August 25, 2018)
- EDA Constitution